Pages

Saturday 4 August 2007

What a glorious day today

The weather today has been just right - quite a breeze, but lovely and hot and sunny (in fact, without the breeze it would have been too hot). So far this year we've hardly sat in the garden much and certainly haven't used the summerhouse.

So I spent some time lounging in the sun (very good for the bones with osteoporosis - with plenty of sun protection cream because I'm naturally fair skinned). And every now and again I had a little crafting session in the summerhouse. Well, if I'm honest, you could hardly call it crafting, as I was putting together some cards, gift cards etc that came with a Lisa Bearnson box of goodies. I'm still hoping to have a sale of cards for TEAR Fund in September and I know that this year I can't sit at the cardmaking as much as I used to, so, in order to get a number done I resorted to using the Lisa Bearnson box.

So there's no cards to show because I didn't really create them, just put them together. But I thought I'd show a few pictures of the garden and where I was crafting:

This is the view from tthe patio, just outside he door of my craft room, looking up the garden, with the summerhouse in the distance:



And this is my little summerhouse:

Our garden is mainly planted with shrubs, but we have some lovely rose bushes blooming atm:

One day soon I'll show some pictures of my craft room (wouldn't want to do it now because it's not tidy enough) - although it was done a few weeks ago, I'm still moving things around, finding places, sorting etc Acquired a 12 x 12 stack of trays the other day, so at least my papers are sorted.

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures Hazel, what a lovely garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hazel you have a beautiful gardan... thanx for stopping by blendedcolors... oh and craft rooms dont have to be tidy... then that means you havent been creating if its all cleaned up right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be one of my dream places to craft. Garden with potential is on my wish list for our house hunting. I have the Lisa Bearnson box in fawn as my emergency cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you joining us Hazel... just love the photos of your garden it looks so peaceful. Gorgeous photos of your flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahat a lovely summer house!!!
    beautiful flowers, only thing i could ever get to grow here is cactus, and on the roof (flat rooves here).. you dont want to know what happened to my poor cacti
    tahnsk for writing on my blog, i relly apreciate it
    regards
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses! They sure qualify for "Bloom" on HSMS. Nice of you to play along. It really is fun....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely garden Hazel, the flowers are beautiful. Enjoy the sunshine, we have rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel, would you like to adopt me? You have an absolutley stunning garden and I think I could produce masterpieces in that wonderful craft room of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your garden and summerhouse. The roses are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic photo's I love the one of the rose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely roses, pleased to see you joining in....it can get addictive!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to HS:MS :) I only started after telling someone else about it then suddenly I was taking part too.

    Your photos are lovely and your garden too.

    Take care of your bones. I have the other type, rheumatoid, and at the moment I am digi scrapping but there's nothing like the feel of paper and glue :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated