Pages

Thursday 27 March 2008

Salt: Believe

The last fortnight has gone so quickly (and my crafting and blogging has been down a bit ... won't bore anyone with any non-crafty talk), and here we are again - it's a Salt challenge day.

This is what Esther said:

This week's main topic is 'Believe',
but I (Esther) also wanted to share with you a verse that
has particularly struck me recently which is taken from
Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

If only we truly believed in God's promises- we would worry so much less. It is such a reassurance to know that we have a great God who is in control of all things.

PLEASE TAKE THIS TOPIC OR VERSE AND MAY IT INSPIRE YOU TO CREATE.

It could be a card, layout, ATC, book, Inchie, altered art- anything; but please leave us a comment so we can come and view your work. Thanks!

Please take a look at Salt

As usual, I have to confess that I left mine till the last day ... and what a day I had yesterday ... over at mum's for the doctor to call ... I was there over nine hours in the end! So my contribution for Salt was done late at the end of an exhausting day.

Enough of all that!

I used a Scrapbook walls Den Weave double sided paper, cutting a cross in the middle and folding back the corners, and then mounted that on to a BG Scarlet's letter 'night'.

I've been reflecting on this verse since Esther let us know she'd chosen it. It's one that is very precious to me and, as you can see, reminds me much of my dear dad who died over four years ago.

I don't know whether I was brave or stupid to write my own journalling in my scribbled handwriting, but in some ways I feel it brings a contrasting simplicity to a profound topic. The quote in the left hand corner and the white flowers in the middle are rub ons.

Now I hereby declare that I'm going to get my contribution for the next Salt challenge done earlier than the deadline ... we'll see!






10 comments:

  1. I think this layout is extra special Hazel. I also hope it helped you recover from a trying day

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, moving piece of work Hazel. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely project Hazel, such a good memory of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel this is such a Beautiful LO and so special, what a Blessing to have a father was a Believer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely piece, full of memories and Praise to God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Hazel and I think you did exactly right to use your own handwriting (which looks just fine to me anyway, BTW) - it's a personal take on a profound topic and I think to use your own writing just adds to that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrasts in your layout, a beautiful token to cherish. Praise the Lord for all the wonderful memories

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the contrasts in your layout, a beautiful token to cherish. Praise the Lord for all the wonderful memories

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely layout. I think you handwriting is lovley and does make it more special. Thanks for leaving a message on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated