Pages

Thursday 11 September 2008

Salt: He knows us inside an out

It was Lythan's turn to set the Salt challenge this time.This is what she says:

'Last time it was my turn (Lythan) I chose the Psalms as the challenge theme. I'm having a variation on that this time as I would like you to look in depth at a particular Psalm - Psalm 139. It is quite long so why not have a look at it here. That way you can also see a variety of translations.

this is one of the Psalms that I love best. It is quite challenging in parts but there is plenty to reflect on as well. Sometimes it is so comforting, sometimes a bit scary to think that God knows us so well. What does the idea that
He knows us inside and out
mean to you?

I most often make a LO for Salt, but this time I decided to make a card for a change. I find Psalm 139 both a challenge and a comfort - I felt led to produce a card to assure someone of our thoughts and prayers at a difficult time.

The papers are BG sugared.






I've just discovered that there is a new Basic Grey challenge site, so I'm going to link this card as it also fits perfectly with the first challenge (I've made another couple to submit too, so that it doesn't look as if I'm cheating - lol!) This is the link for the new site: http://basicgreychallenges.blogspot.com/ and the first challenge is 'buttons' (you also have to use something from BG).

5 comments:

  1. A lovely card and rally like the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Hazel! I love the flowers, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. Thank you for taking part in our challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great way of using the Psalm -I'm sure it will bring great comfort

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated