Pages

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Basic Grey Challenge 8: shapes

This week on the Basic Grey Challenge blog the theme is 'shapes' - 'This week we would like you to get shapely by using squares, circles, rhomboids, triangles, etc on your creations :), and of course to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creations.'

I've gone for adding triangles to a couple of simple Christmas cards (making 5 of each). The background papers of the cards of English Paper Company and the triangle trees are cut from BG boxer papers.

I recently bought the Cuttlebug Christmas trees die and embossing set, but thought it would be too fiddly to cut and then get into the right place in the embossing folder. So I embossed the papers, sanded them to get the white core showing and then cut round the shapes by hand.I think this has worked out well because it means that the trees have got the added embossed lines round the edges, as I've cut a bit of a distance away from them.





2 comments:

  1. I love your shapes card...4 different shapes...well done X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty cards! I love the yellow in them. So bright and festive.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated