Pages

Friday 10 October 2008

CBC challenge 067: let's hear it for the boys

Joanne has set this challenge on CBC: 'For today's challenge, we'd like you to bring out your masculine side! Whether it's a card, an altered notebook, pen pot, picture frame or choccie wrapper, let's see what you can dream up for the men and boys in your life.'

I love any excuse to make a card that involves the seaside, so I thought this would be appropriate for this challenge. The pebbly beach strip at the bottom is British Beach by Park Lane Papers. The script background and the Waves acetate was part of a seaside package I bought ages ago that seems to keep providing me with different cards and LOs. The sailing picture underneath the acetate was from an old card (recycling is good, isn't it?) and the anchor was a chipboard one that I sprayed with Adirondack stream color wash and then coated with glossy accents.

Thereby hangs a tale - never use color wash without wearing gloves - I got lots of it over my hands and had a hard job to get it off - tried Stazon cleaner, alcohol blending solution, etc. etc. and finally resorted to a vanish washing tablet - followed by plenty of cream! Anyway, I think it was worth it, because I achieved what I wanted with the anchor!



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Hazel - really like the colour wash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this Hazel, the newsprint is perfect! have made a note about wearing gloves to do a colour wash hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and a good technique to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely Hazel, love the different layers and the anchor is a great finishing touch. I tend to just wait for dye-based stuff to fade off my hands, doesn't usually take long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Hazel, good idea for those pains!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw that I thought how perfect it would have been for my Dad. Unfortunately he is no longer with us, but had a boat and loved to sail. It is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great male card Hazel works so well

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the contrasts and the modern slant to this nautical card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated