Pages

Saturday 29 November 2008

Rosie Dee's challenge 11 and Cupcake 15

So now for the cards following on from the previous post. Challenge 11, set by Dee, on Rosie Dee's challenge blog says: 'Those who visited and played along with us last week will remember that Rosie asked you to keep those scraps of paper nice and safe as you would need them this week. Well, using those scraps of paper, I'd like you to make some cards with them. It's up to you whether you make one or several.'

As I said in my previous post, I had to cheat somewhat. However, I found that I'd got half a sheet of the lovely British Beach paper that was left over long ago from another project (Gez, if you read this - always buy more than one sheet, then you can use one and keep one - in fact, I like these papers so much that I've still got some). So I cut the remaining half in half and used as the background for two summertime Birthday cards (why, oh why, am I making summertime cards now?!?) So, although it was a cheat, I actually used the same kind of paper as background.

I didn't totally cheat, because I've used the scraps of the DCWV card and the Craft Creation blue paper to make the Happy Birthday on one of the cards.





The big ice cream and lolly were part of some embellishments I bought and have never used. The ice cream is a shaker - little silver balls and a Happy Birthday inside it, like this:



This card also fits the challenge this week on Cupcake: 'So the challenge this week is sweets & cakes, it can be anything a card, scarpbook page, 3d project as I said anything it just has to feature sweets or cakes in some way!' so I'm linking it for that too.

5 comments:

  1. I can't see any cheating here Hazel. Only lots of loveliness. The ice-cream looks good enough to eat.

    Great tip re; buying more than 1 sheet of paper! I will definately remember that for next time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, thanks for joining in with CCC this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, you're forgiven for eheating because your cards are fab!

    Thanks for playing along.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes defo hazel, i would never have known you'd cheated, card is fabby :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap another Hazel!!! Had a laugh when I saw your Summer card as on my blog I have just made a summer card with the same surfboard on it too. Love the ice cream card too lovely, Hazel xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated