Pages

Sunday 11 January 2009

OCC: color challenge

It feels so strange not going out to church on a Sunday morning, but the pathways were slippery looking this morning - either heavy frost or sprinkling of snow, probably the former - that I didn't want to risk slipping. We're hoping that, with the lovely sunshine we've now got and the increasing temperature, we'll be able to safely go out this afternoon to get to the 5 pm service. I've been indoors for most of the past week or so - as you can see from my blog, I've used time to craft, but it's much better to be able to get out and about. I seem to be going through a bad patch again with my back - trying to ignore it and hope that the pain might go away!

Anyway, this is a crafting blog, so enough of that and on to the card that I've made this morning. The challenge on OCC this week is 'to use two shades of blue along with a neutral color.'

I've used BG Larkspur Oh Baby! paper to stamp on, using Stazon ultramarine with one of my foam stamps that I got from QVC and then mounted this on to matt silver (my 'neutral') and again on to the BG paper. The card itself is randomly stamped with a Dawn Bibby Designs stamp that I often find useful for quick effective backgrounds. The 'thinking of you' has been printed on the computer and then matted and layered to match.


Now I must get into the kitchen, or we won't have any lunch ready!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel, this is just beautiful! Your image is stunning in the blue! Thank you so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I do love monochromatic stamping. What an effective card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Hazel! LOVE the beautiful image and stunning design! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very effective in blue Hazel.

    Hope you back improves soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated