Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Ruby Wedding Anniversary card

I was asked by a friend to make a Ruby Wedding Anniversary card. This is the invitation she received and she asked if I could do something appropriate that would compliment it.

I would normally associated Ruby Wedding with red rather than blue, but managed, hopefully, to combine to make this card.

The gatefold card blank is an ivory irridescent with a hint of a blue sheen. I didn't have any blue hearts, so I chalk inked some white ones.


I chose a font to match up with the invitation and added the embellishment in the middle with just a hint of red:


Unfortunately, the photos don't do it justice. The top right heart is the same colour as the bottom left one, although here it looks different!
This week's ABC challenge is H for hearts, so this is appropriate for that.
Yesterday I found the Creative Card Crew challenge blog and, although it's officially too late, I'm linking for their challenge 2: no paper, keep it clean, because I haven't used any patterned paper.




10 comments:

  1. As you say an unusual colour for a ruby wedding but I like the way you've brought in a touch of red.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the match up and getting a bit of red in there!! It's lovely, especially the flower surprise in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the surprise floral detail when you open the card, really nice touch.
    - Bee Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  4. love er ly Hazel ! love the inside too and the ribbon just makes it even more special !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a lovely job of matching up the card to the invitation and the little ruby in the middle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Hazel and yes blue is very different! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Hazel - as you say, unusual colourscheme for a ruby wedding - maybe those were their wedding colours.
    I like the way you've still managed to get some red in though and the ribbon looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fresh look and the touches of red inside look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, and that heart is beautiful.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty love it, thanks for joining in the fun with ABC this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated