Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Magnolia - love or hate?

This was a question I came across the other day - a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it: Magnolia stamps, Tilda in particular.

Well, I had my doubts for quite a while (the lack of nose and mouth) but I have to say that after I'd received some Tilda stamped images in a swap, I quite warmed to them and am now the owner of a few Magnolia stamps.

So I've used one for this sketch by Vee on Charisma Cardz for challenge 18:
Magnolia is the topic this week on Rosiedee challenge blog, so this is being linked there. It also fits the Just Magnolia challenge 4 (first time doing a challenge there): 'in stitches', as the grosgrain ribbon down the side is stitched.

The papers are a mixture of Anna Griffin, Brenda Pinnick and Dream Street. Tilda was coloured with copics.



Challenge 28 on One Stop Craft this week is 'cut it out'. More often than not I just stamp on to the card shape, but this time I cut out the stamped image and stuck on with 3d foam to give it a bit of a lift, as you can see here:




6 comments:

  1. I love your Tilda Hazel, she's a sweetie pie :)
    Thank you for joining in :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love how you have colored Tilda. Thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're on the love Tilda team (unlike me, HAHA!!)

    Thanks for taking the time out to join in with us this week Hazel.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a lovely card, pretty colours. thank you for joining us at just magnolia.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. Thanks for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Hazel. Adding the cut-out Tilda with the 3d foam pads really makes a difference. It is so pretty. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated