Pages

Monday 26 October 2009

A touch of autumnal velvet

This card is for challenge 74 on A spoonful of sugar: sketch by Debbie:



I've used Laura Ashley papers - the squares being velvet flocked effects and the centre image one of their matching velvet rub ons - I wish you could feel them! They are definitely 'touchy, feely' so are just right for 365 cards day 188 'touchy, feely Friday' - to use felt or flocking on your card.

I hope the colours I've used are autumnal enough for challenge 43 on the crafty pad.

Crafty Calendar (a new monthly challenge blog) challenge 1 is also 'autumn', with the option of using plants or vegetation - well, there's no vegetation, but I think there's a floral feel to the card.

A new monthly challenge blog 'By the cute and girly' started this month (a new challenge will be held on 1st of each month) and the topic is 'autumn glory', so I'm linking this card.

Lastly, Belli challenge 76 is 'fall, thankgsgiving with a leaf ...' and there are definitely some leaves on here.

I have to confess that the velvet rub on didn't go quite as it should have done. I hadn't realised how brown the rub on would be and put it on brown card to match the card blank and it really didn't show up very well (although I might still use it some time). What I actually used on this card is the image that was left after the rub on had been done - in other words, the negative effect, which has a flock velvet feel, but the other way round - so, by accident, I've discovered that you can get two for the price of one from each rub on!

The velvet flocking gives a really nice embossed feel to the card, which is another one for the treehouse challenge 20.(faux embossing was allowed).



This is the rub on as it should have been used, but it really is quite dark on the dark card (it's difficult to tell from the pack how the rub on will turn out - now I've done one I know what to expect):

15 comments:

  1. Hazel, I love the various shades of brown, and yup! There are lots of leaves there! Thanks for joining in on the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Hazel and thanks for joining us at the Crafty Pad this week. All the best in all of the challenges.
    Take care
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touchy feely! I think the brown on brown actually looks really stylish, I reckon you could make something very sophisticated with that! Great to find you've got two for one on the rub ons, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel! I love the pattern and the colours are perfect for the autumn theme! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
    Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I see what you mean by how dark the rub on is lovely though but I really like the way you have used the negative side. Gorgeous papers. Thanks for taking part in the first challenge.
    Kim xXx - Crafty Calendar Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely card here, Hazel1 Thanks so much for playing along at By the Cute and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Hazel! Very elegant. Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, gorgeous colours and i just want to reach out and touch that velvet rub on. Thanks for playing at cute and girly this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely and the fact that you've used the negative (such a thrifty crafter) is brilliant. I also think it works better than the positive image would have. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Velvet rub-ons??? I can't think of anything more yummy!!! Gorgeous card Hazel X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel what a gorgeous card and I am sure that paper is just so lush to the touch. Thanks for joining in with the crafty pad challenge. :)

    xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel you have covered so many different challenges with this one card you clever woman!

    Well done on finding a new trick with the rub ons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel

    A gorgeous card.

    Love your papers, colour choices and layout.

    Thank you for playing along in the very first "By the Cute and Girly".

    I hope you are able to play again next month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card. Like how you have used the negative of the rub on. Thanks for joining us at BTC&G.
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, Thanks so much for joining us over at teh Crafty Pad Challenge
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated