Pages

Friday 27 November 2009

Flower pot card for my Mum

I needed to make a card for mum's birthday on Sunday - I'm OK to blog it because she doesn't go on the internet. I like to try and do something a little special, but, having been making cards for quite some years now, I'm beginning to run out of ideas to make something different.

It so happened that challenge 16 this week on Stamp, scrap and doodle Saturday was to make a 'flower pot' card - there were links to some instructions, which I mainly followed, adapting a bit - I put a strut at the back of the card so it could stand up.

As you can see, the 'flower pot', which was made out of DCWV textured card, was run through the cuttlebug with two different embossing folders. The swiss dots part fits in well with Sunflowers and dragonflies 19: 'polka dots'.

Of course, this is another form of pocket card, so I'm also linking for Creative inspirations 21: 'we want to see a pocket'.

Day 243 on 365 cards
is 243: 'beautiful bouquet' - 'Now I know many, if not all of you have put flowers on your cards, but I'm looking for more of a bouquet - you know a bunch of flowers grouped together.'

This is also for Paper maniac inspirations: 'use those flowers' and, as I've used a lot of purple flowers, this is also another one for Lily-boo too November challenge: 'purple'.

Editing to add: I forgot Etsy Inspired 63: 'sleepless imagination', for which I chose this:







Don't forget: If you go to the top of my blog you will find the post about my celebration candy - you've got to be in it to win it!

16 comments:

  1. That's really pretty Hazel. I bet your Mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hazel your mum is going to be over the moon with this..beautiful work.
    Thanks for joining in again with us all at Creative Inspirations.
    hugs
    Tracy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Hazel - nice to see a different shape :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful take on the flower pot card! thanks for joining us at SSDS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cad hazel, thanks for popping back to lily-boo too again hunny xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel, what a fab card! Your mum will love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely! Ever so pretty! My mum doesn't like purple for some reason ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work. I haven't seen this flowerpot with cloth flowers before and I really like it. Thank you for playing in my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that card Hazel. Bet your Mum keeps it up all year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so pretty! Very fun that it stands up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the purple! Thanks for playing in the Sunflowers and Dragonflies Polka Dot Blog Challenge! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see you again at creative inspirations .your card is so cute!
    your mum will love it!
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a pretty card lovely flowers & great embossing thanks for joining us @ LB2

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab flower pot card Hazel, perfect for a "mumsy" birthday! Congrats on all your wins too - have fun with all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated