Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Happy Birthday brother

It's my brother's birthday on Thursday and, until tonight, I hadn't made a card for him. I knew I wanted to make a golfing themed card, but was lacking inspiration as to how to get it started, until I looked at the sketch on Taylored Expressions challenge 98:

I decided to make a gatefold card - this is what it looks like closed (please excuse the paper clips top and bottom to keep it closed to take the photo):


The golf bag, clubs and ball are all raised on 3D foam and the main part of the bag is a textured material (I confess that I didn't make this, but bought it as it is). Papers are all BG archaic.

So the textures make it good for Crafty creations 50: 'textures' challenge. And, of course, it's a birthday card - Crafty catz 15: 'a birthday card' and Crazy 4 challenges 19: 'birthday'


and this is the inside - with a bit of texture and raised embellishments:

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your lovely work! Watch out for our new challenge... tomorrow! :)

    Greetings, Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your brother will love this card - very appropriate for a male. Great card....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel, terrific card for your brother and lots of great texture! Thanks for playing the CCC!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you. Lovely card. I find it really hard to make cards for men and you've done a fab job.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel
    A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you - I struggle with cards for my brother, too! This turned out great, the gatefold was a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, you have done a wonderful job with your card, looks PERFECT, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated