Pages

Thursday 28 January 2010

What's the point in lilac?

This card is for this week's DCM 'what's the point?' challenge thought up by Kathy.

I decided to use the points of stars and layered some lilac and silver ones and chipboard ones that I'd triple embossed with silver UTEE. I xyroned a piece of Christmas greetings vellum that I've had for a couple of years on to an unknown piece of starry lilac paper.

So it's a very simple card, but, with the large star and the embossed vellum, it seemed a shame to add anything else.

I'm also linking it for Alphabet L for lilac, Sparkle Creations 8: 'no colouring in' - inks are allowed, so the triple embossing is OK - and frosted designs: 'chipboard challenge'.





Having bought the 'flower frogs' with the spikes to try and display my cards to take photos, I managed to get a little easel this morning in Hobbycaft, so am trying using that (still haven't put my stamps back on the shelf though).

5 comments:

  1. great card hazel and i think your totally right - its great as it is !
    love maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Hazel........and it's never too late to join in! Many thanks for joining in with the Alphabet challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word Hazel ... Yummy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated