Pages

Thursday 18 February 2010

Wings ATC

For this 'wings' ATC for this week's Something completely different I've used one of the Tim Holtz eclectic palette stamps that I had for Christmas. I stamped on to a piece of BG blue paper using Adirondack stained glass ink, which I part embossed with stardust EP and part with hologram. I then lightly sponged with distress tattered rose and old paper.

I've enjoyed doing this - sometimes when life is difficult, it's helpful to do a little crafting.

As is usually the case with something sparkly like this, it's very difficult to get a photo.

I have a confession to make to the SCD team - last week I made this ATC for 'mad March hare' - having used lots of UTEE on it, it had curled up somewhat, so I put it under heavy books to straighten - unfortunately, the UTEE cracked and the picture underneath couldn't be seen properly - so it ended up in the bin - a complete disaster! The card I used was too thin to start with - should have used chipboard - oh well!

6 comments:

  1. No doubt it's a therapy, I hope that life isn't too difficult for you.
    The ATC is gorgeous...lovely use of colours. Can't count the number of cracked UTEE projects I've binned - or worse, made do with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UTEE does tend to do that, doesn't it? Shame! This one looks fantastic and I can't believe how much other stuff you've made and blogged too! So glad you are managing to find some calm in crafting. Hugs to you and John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Hazel your Atc is beautiful. Love the colours of your background & your bird looks beautiful. I love all the sparkle too. So glad you could join us this week. Thank You.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel what a fab atc....what a shame about your MMHare one....sending you and John hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ATC. So glad you were able to play. Great texture!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated