Pages

Thursday 22 April 2010

Black beauty

This month on BF forum the theme for the ATC swap is 'black' - I really enjoyed doing these.

I used some black card as a base - it wasn't too black so that the stamping and embossing shows up nicely on it. I used the Hampton Art corset stamp that I received as a prize a while ago, stamping in versafine onyx black and heat embossing with fine detail.

The lace strips down the side are from some lovely velvet lace that I received as a RAK/swap - I have to confess that I can't remember who it was from. I wrapped it around the side, securing in place with my ATG700 adhesive gun, which, of course, showed through the holes, so I sprinkled black glitter on - I wish I'd thought of this in the first place because I would then have put more adhesive under the lace, but nevermind.

The sparkly black letters are PM - having got the idea to use them I found that I have five of every letter I needed, except K, so for the one on the bottom right the K has been cut from an R. I then added three gems at the bottom of each ATC.

I'm quite pleased with the results. I'm linking this for:

Caardvarks: 'monochromatic challenge'
KL stampin' n scrappin 26': ''bling it on!'
ABC: 'S is for sparkle'
Stampotique 5: 'it's a girl thing'
Magical crafts 13 'something for the girls'
Sunday stamper 100: 'free as a bird' (sorry, no bird - well, not the feathered king!)
Dragons dream TIO 35: 'emboss it' (I don't know whether this will count or not, as strictly speaking it's an ATC, not a tag, but similar size)
Pixie dust studio: '19 tag you're it'
Paper cutz 37: 'tag' - I'll incorporated my ATC/tag on a card when I get it back from the swap
Fab n funky 20: 'get it all out!' - neglected stash - the black lace
For fun: 'anything but a card'
Penny's: 'open - anything goes'
Scrappy frogs: 'pick 3' - I've picked: embossing, no colouring, lace
PaperPlay 16: 'no patterned paper'
If the shoe fits Fashionista Friday 31: 'inspirational challenge' - picture of Marilyn Monroe - I've gone for glamour and black
Simple doodles 15: 'inspire others'
Town scrapper: 'let's hear it for the girls!'

22 comments:

  1. hi Hazel - these are DEFINITELY girlie, and perfect for our challenge at The TownScrapper - thanks for playing, and be sure to leave comments on the Scrapettes' blogs for more chances to win for the hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby ATCs Hazel, love the corset, the black is so elegant, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee, I will imagine a bit of string or ribbon!!! The embossing certainly fits and they are lovely. Thanks for dreaming with me this week
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your ATC very much. Classy indeed. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ATC, thanks for sharing with us on For Fun Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooerr Hazel, very femme fatale! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever, love the black on black single use..impact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Hazel these are so pretty!! love the stamp and that lace :) Thanks for joining us on Simple Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs. Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ATCs! Thanks for joining our Girlie challenge this week at The Townscrapper. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and lacy. love the shiny EP. Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for Risa's bling challenge. Hugs, Kel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful ATCs. I've never ever made one but they look fab to do and there are some amazing ones like these. The stamp is really pretty! Simple but elegant.

    Thank you for the well wishes on the Stampin' for the Weekend blog. I'm going to miss the team and all the lovely supporters! :o(

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful cards! Your image is beautiful and your detailing is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great Hazel, love the touch of sparkle with the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful ATC's., love them.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous girlie cards. Love all the black and the girlie stuff! Woooo Hoooo!
    Thanks for joining us at Pennys and for the blog hop at THe Town Scrapper!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab ATC's Hazel, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper and sorry I took so long to get here... just got t'internet up and running in the new house :O))

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab atc's thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh they are fab, Hazel. So glamorous. I love that you've kept to the one colour - the stamp is gorgeous, and the lacing is a clever touch.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool Project! Thanks for playing SDC with us!

    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely ATC's!! I really like the black on black. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your work!!! thanks so much for playing along with SD.
    trish

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated