Pages

Saturday 15 May 2010

Desk caddy

A few weeks ago I came across a challenge blog that asked us to make a desk caddy - I wasn't able to do this at the time and can't remember where the challenge was, but the tutorial is here and I'm very grateful to Kathleen for this.

I've shared this with my crafting friends on the Bubbly Funk forum - those of us who haven't been able to go on retreat are having a non-retreaters mini-crop.

I used BG papers - Sultry elite and stylish.

I don't know yet what I'll put in it - will have to have a think. In fact, I might give it to my mum - it's the kind of thing she'd like.

I confess that because I'm still not feeling well, I didn't bother with eyelets, but just made holes with my cropodile - perhaps when I feel better I'll undo the ribbon and set eyelets because it would make it stronger.




I'm linking for these challenges:

One stitch at a time 12
: 'going dotty'
Everybody art 90: 'make a gift'
Creative Belli 91: 'hole punches' - used my cropodile for the holes for threading the ribbon through
Creative cottage 10: 'fancy folds'
PaperPlay 19: 'brown and ?' - pink
Twisted Thursday 56: 'home sweet home' - celebrate your home (something to use at home) + ribbon
Alphabet: 'C for chocolate colours'
Crafty Ann 14: 'anything goes'
Fussy & fancy 10: 'a May basket'
Basic Grey 20: 'punch it' - I used my cropodile to 'punch it' and BG papers
One stitch at a time 13: 'anything but a card'
Fun with shapes and more 53: 'gift bag'
Scrappy frogs: 'mother's day' - this was earlier in the year in the UK, but I might well give this caddy to my mum - think she'd love it

34 comments:

  1. I love it hun and it looks so easy to make. I may just have a go at one of these. Thanks for sharing this with us here at OSAAT.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous caddy love your colours too, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope you call back again soon, Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Hazel. I'm sorry to hear you aren't too well - I hope you feel better soon and thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great caddy Hazel! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow fab caddy - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, what a fabby caddy!
    Lovin your gorgeous DP's too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hazel sorry to hear you are not well I do hope you improve soon. However, this little beauty is fabulous you have done a wonderful job with thus caddy thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo clever Hazel. What a great find. I love the colours & papers you have chosen. Take care..xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just sweet...great project.
    Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fab! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT this week with our Going Dotty challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous desk caddy Hazel. Love the papers you have used. Thanks for the link, will have to try this myself. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good afternoon Hazel and what a fabulous desk caddy. I am loving your entry into this weeks creative cottage challenge, thank you for joining us this week Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh love this hun those papers are beautiful many thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable caddy Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning! What a lovely idea and fabulous papers! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge this wk Hugs Rebekah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous project. I love the papers used.
    Thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous project. I love the papers used.
    Thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! Another project to add to my list! Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely 'dotty' not a card make! (Dotty of course was the last challenge, (sorry if I missed you, I was having trouble with Mr Blogger)
    Love the papers you've used on this. I'd want to fill it sweets!! Hope you're feeling a lot better. Thank you for joining OSAAT's 'Anything but a Card' challenge this week, hope to see you next week too!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, desk caddy.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you really thought outside the square for this challenge! Lovely papers too, great job. Thanks for joining us at BG Challenges,
    Anthea & the BG Challenges Team.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE this project-just beautiful! Thank you for playing Twisted Thursday with Shirleys2Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautifull!!! The paper you used are great. Thanks for joining us at Shapes and more.

    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nicely done! Thanks for playing with us at s2g tt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice job!!!Thanks for playing with S2G this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a beautiful caddy--I love the colors and papers! Thank you for sharing the link! Thank you for joining our basket challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hazel, this desk tidy is gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and we hope to see you back again very soon - maybe even for the blog hop on 21 May 2010. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful caddy. Thanks for playing with us at The Alphabet Challenge. S x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! This is Gorgeous! I love the colors of the paper! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cool project/template. Thanks for joining us at Creative Belli!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a beautiful project...love the colors and papers you used!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated