Pages

Thursday 13 May 2010

Salt: putting him first

It was Tanis' turn to choose the topic for today's Salt challenge and you can read what she wrote here.

As John and I have both been poorly, I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to do anything for this, but decided yesterday afternoon that a little crafting might take my mind off how I felt (quite a few scary times with breathing difficulties).

Anyway, I'm so thankful that I had this Bo Bunny Persuasion forever die cut because it really did all the work for me - with such a beautiful die cut paper there wasn't the need to do much with it - I just mounted it on to a 12 x 12 DCWV textured card and added a few bits. The wording is computer generated on to BG ambrosia paper and the 'kingdom' letters are AC thickers. The layered flowers are blooms from BF, with craftime flowers, finished off with roses that were given to me by Kaz.


I thought I'd also share this LO for these challenges (there seem to be a lot around atm with a floral theme):

Meljen's designs 7: 'flowers & blooms'
Alota 34: 'flowers'
Clearlyistamp 13: 'April showers bring May flowers'
Catch the bug: 'flower power'
Gingersnap GC51 random redhead: 'botanical'
ECP 12: 'spring'
Inky impressions 34: 'summer creation'
Quixotic 25: 'let your garden grow'
Polka doodles week 18: 'summer blossoms'

23 comments:

  1. WOW this is really striking Hazel...well done as you are feeling so poorly my lovely.

    I am loving all the cards in your previous post as well...the one thing about a kit is that everything co-ordinates so beautifully!

    You & John must take care this weekend HUGS to you both XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the use of the die in the background. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for playing the the Bugaboo Flower Power challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it was the distraction you needed Hazel, really hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Hazel! And I adore that Bo Bunny paper..I have some in my stash as well! :-) Continuing to prayer for you and John...Do hope that you're feeling well today. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card. Thanks for entering the Alota Rubber Stamps flower challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just beautiful Hazel, fabulous all round xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the layout is delightful Hazel. I do hope you and John are on the mend soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Catch the Bug challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty. I love those Bo Bunny die cuts too, it looks great!!! So do your flowers!!
    THANKS for joining our Flower Power Challenge!!
    Jodi-Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVELY card! GREAT use of flowers. Thanks so much for playing at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug flower power challenge this week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those yummy flowers, but the I love the sentiment even more! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Flower Power challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the flowers!

    Thanks for playing with Catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful lo Hazel - beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely colors! So glad you joined us over at Clearly Inspired Challenges ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty and LOVE this design! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! Gorgeous color combo. Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. We hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Creating always works for me too! Lovely design! Thanks for joining us in the Inky Impressions challenge this time!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty. Thanks for joining us here at Meljen's Designs for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so lovely Hazel, I immediately started singing a great song I learned in youth group! Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  22. A really lovely card.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Polka Doodles this week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card, the colors are beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our "Flowers & Blooms" challenge at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck!
    ♥Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated