Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2010

WOYWW - gosh it's Wednesday again

I think everybody in crafting blogland knows by now that Wednesday means WOYWW on Julia's Stamping ground blog.

There's nothing much to show here today (those who know me well know that I tend to tidy up after a crafting day - usually not till the next morning, though - and then I start again to get everything all over the place.

So far today I've made one card, which is shown in the post below this one you can just see it among these as I look to my left:



and to my right there are some DCWV papers that have been out on my worktop now for about a week and I still haven't used any of them - I was going to use them for a 'summertime' card, but so far I've used other papers instead. It's a wonder these haven't been put back in the box yet. The pink and brown papers are offcuts from the digi ones I printed for an ice cream card I made the other day. The stamps on top of the box are now waiting to be used for a WIP that's only in progress in my head so far!


I thought I'd show you my pull out shelf where I keep my big box with all my scrap papers - you can see that when I push the shelf back in to close the cupboard I'm quite often careless with the papers that are sticking up and they tend to get a bit dog-eared. Why is it that, despite keeping one of my crafting resolutions this year to use up offcuts and scraps, that the box still looks as full as it was at the beginning of the year and now we are halfway through! I suppose it might have something to do with still cutting into new papers, although I do try and use up the scraps.


Since I did the above, I've been working on my SALT LO for tomorrow's challenge, so thought I would update and show some of the debris - I managed to cut or tear into four pieces of lovely Bo Bunny paper.

16 comments:

  1. There certainly does look to be lots of scrap in that drawer but I'm certain there is lots you could use up :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much paper! Thanks for getting your scraps out!

    Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know how you feel Hazel, there are always too many off cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you store your pens....all colour co-ordinated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely paper there. Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your desk always looks way too tidy - I can't believe you manage to make so many cards without making a mess. It's just not fair! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. we always try to be so good on keeping things neat dont we, but sometimes its hard to be so good, :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab space and love those ice cream colours, I had so many bits of paper that I never used that eventually I threw them away, gulp!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's me - creating scraps from whole sheets in order to use up other scraps! I expect you haven't put those other pieces away yet because they are still 'talking' to you......

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i have a drawer of paper too and use it up as best i can hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a sin, spoiling beautiful papers, Lol! Quite strange too because everywhere else is immaculate.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What crafter doesnt have a draw of papers like that!Im sure we all do me especially..so your not alone hun.
    Have good week
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  13. very very tidy!! and now I'm in paper shock..you cut AND torn into Bo Bunny??? I'm still still at the looking stage there's the stoking and smelling and.... sometime next year i might use it
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep, I have a box of scraps, I am sure they breed because I do try to use them alot. My scraps are whats left from printing, hubby asks why do I keep them if I can just print out another....mmmmph men!
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated