Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Birthday card for mum

It's mum's birthday this coming Monday. So often I tend to put off the 'important' cards till the last minute. I'm selling cards at mum's sheltered accommodation this coming Saturday and I admit I was tempted to leave making mum's card till after that because I need to make cards to fill gaps in my boxes. But I decided I would get on and make the card for mum so that I know that it's done.

I thought I would make an easel card - I've not made her one before, so I think she'll like the idea. 'Make us an easel' is the theme for challenge 21 on Glitterbabe, not forgetting the sparkle of the rhinestones. I've covered all parts of the easel - inside and back - so this is good for Kort o mania 28: make a card where you decorate the front, rear and an optional interior. The easel is also for Creative Friday 31: unusual card shapes.

The papers are K & Co and I've used two or three coordinating ones (double sided, so very useful).

I based the top of the card on the sketch for Eat sleep stamp 109, replacing the corner squares with hexagons cut from one of the papers and an oval in the middle cut with a nestie.

The flowers were originally all white - I used a copic pen to colour parts of them.





This is also for:

Crazy amigo: patchwork in combination with flowers
Incy wincy 69: blue and white
Pollycraft 71: feeling blue
Everybody art 118: use shapes - hexagons and oval
Going grey with Scrap creations: blue for you
Papertake: cut it out - die cut oval and hexagons cut by hand
Creative belli 105: Rs - rhinestones, ribbon
Paper romance 25: some of your favourite things - flowers and patterned papers
Spoon full of sugar 131: anything goes
Inktegrity 24: anything goes
For fun: anything goes
Fab n funky 50: going with the flow
Drunken stampers 43: no stamps for you

27 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful card Hazel - I love the papers you have used. Your Mum will love it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Hazel, your mum will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hazel! first a big hug and super wishes to mom!!!!

    the card is absolutely stunning and i am so glad you shared it with us at glitterbabe's challenge.

    have a marvelous thanksgiving.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hazel, what a fabulous card!! Those papers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us at Papertake Weekly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning Hazel .. So elegant. I just love the papers you have used. I am sure your mum is going to totally thrilled to receive.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dp and layout! Thanks for joining us for Inktegrity's Hump Day Challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely GORGEOUS Hazel! you always make the most amazing creations!
    Thanks for joining us @ Creative Belli this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards,beautiful papers and flowers and lovely detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a feminine card! Love it! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and sweet! Thanks for your entries in the Paper Romance Challenge this week! We love seeing what you create~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation, and stunning selection of papers! I'm sure your mum will love it. Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great creation and a wonderful card.

    Thanks for joining us at CF and good luck.

    Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is just stunning, I love it and that paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow...this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at FFC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us again this week at the Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is really lovely! Your mom will love it!!
    Thanks for sharing at Glitterbabes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful easel card! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work :)

    Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week :)

    Heather and the DT
    please feel free to visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now thats a fun card! Lovely twist with the pentagons and flowers! Thanks for joining Kort o Mania!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful Birthday card. I'm sure your Mother will love it. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is such a great easel card-live the dp you used-thanks for joining us at the creative belli challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you for our birthday blog hop next week.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card, those papers are so elegant!
    Thanks for joining us this week over on Incy Wincy.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! what a fantastic card you hav made, loved the colors u used!
    thanks for joining in on our challenge over at kort o mania :D
    hugs linda s l

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi hazel!
    great card...love the colors!
    thanks for joining us at creative friday!

    xx janina

    ReplyDelete
  26. your easel card is fantastic and I think that your Mum will love it. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love easel cards and I keep promising myself to make one! Yours is truly a work of art!!! Your mum is going to love it. Cause I know I do! Thank you so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursday!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated