Pages

Wednesday 17 November 2010

WOYWW 76

It's Wednesday again and so it's WOYWW day (if there's anyone left in blogland who doesn't know what this is, then head over to Julia's blog to find out - and join in the fun and snooping!).

I should really be calling this WOYS(helves) today, because I'm not showing my workspace as such (nothing much on there yet today as I was making invitations for John's bowls club last night and they are all done and dusted - thank goodness, all 56 of them), but my shelves. Now I know that you've seen these before, but first I'll tell you about our granddaughters' visit.

The Sunday before last our DIL came over with two of our granddaughters and the first thing they asked was could they do some crafting. Fortunately, I'd already set aside a box of goodies for them to take home, so they got stuck into making some cards. After lunch they asked if they could do some stamping, so here they are:






So by the time they had finished, a lot of my stamps had been taken off the shelves - and there were a lot to clean!

I took this as an opportunity to re-arrange a bit. I' d said recently that I was a bit concerned because space had become limited on my shelves. Well, it's amazing how I sorted them so well now that there are some spaces for new ones (Christmas wish list is on its way).

The photos are dire because it's such a dull day, so there's flash reflection (if the sun happens to come out - a big IF, I think - I'll replace with better pictures).




I think I might try to get another couple of matching shelves because there are holes already at the sides and therefore I could create another layer, which would give lots of scope for more lovely stamps.

Thank you to all WOYWWers who visited me last week. I managed to get around to leaving comments for a lot, but failed on some - sorry, hope you understand - WOYWW is growing soooo much.

Have you visited my new Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge blog yet? I'll be starting weekly challenge in the new year, but, in the meantime, there is Christmas candy to be won - you've got to be in it to win it - I'd love to see you there.

13 comments:

  1. How lovely to see your young crafters. They have obviously got the nack of stamping and colouring :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest more shelves Hazel and then you get to go shopping to fill them!!
    Lovely to see your grandaughters enjoying some crafting xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughters are getting on very well - how studious they look! i love your tidy shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little time with youngsters now will give them skills that last a life time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel
    lovely to see the kids crafting looks like they had fun, luv ya shelves full of stamps, have good eve, happy WOYWW, sue, (29).x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pics of the grandchildren mine are toooo young to be crafting just yet, love the shelves full of stamps it looks like a shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I paged down I had decided to suggest another shelf to slot in..ooh and then you can record the time it takes to fill a whole new shelf! Yum. Lovely to see the girls so absorbed, how fun for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Hazel, definitely good to get them hooked young! And yes, you can easily fit another shelf in that wall cabinet.

    Hugs
    Brenda 92

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so cute obviously get the stamping and colouring from Grandma?The colouring is awesome so love it when children craft.Adore the shelves of stamps on display.Have lovely WOYWW
    hugs judex #41

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely space and such talented young crafters. LOVE the lazy susan that's holding your markers. I may have to go find me one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, what a lovely display for your stamps. You've certainly got some competition for your craft items with your grand-daughters. Thanks for sharing your workspace with us. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 34)

    ReplyDelete
  12. how nice for you that your granddaughters are interested in crafting too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to influence the young ones. Sorry I'm so late getting here (#5). It's taken its toll.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated