Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

Experimenting ...

I thought I would play some more with my new Caran d'ache water soluble pastels. For the middle chipboard panel I once more coloured with three pastels and carefully blended using a piece of baby wipe.

I chose the colours for Cards and things challenge 60:

I then stamped the middle panel first with Funstamps Paisley background and then with the DB designs flower, which I also used on the base card, colouring in with two of the pastels.


This is also for:

Totally stampalicious: mixed up: use stamps from at least two different sets
Whoopsi daisy: no designer paper
Paperminutes 147: background pattern - main theme
Stampin' B 92: use an old favourite (the two stamps I used) and something brand spankin' new (the pastels)
Crafty purple frog: new goodies and new technique
Sweet stampin': try something different
Inspiration avenue: what inspires you? trying new things, especially if stamping is involved
Flourishes timeless 99: flowers
Papertake: anything goes
Creative card world new card challenge: anything goes
Fab n funky 54: anything goes
Craft your days away 11: anything goes
Let's ink it up 8: anything goes

23 comments:

  1. Wow! Your pastels are awesome. Love these beautiful colors. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's again with your gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!!! Way to mix it up...and these colors are gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Your card is very nice and I will take it to the slide of Paperminutes. I don´t know why inlinks has closed so early.

    Hugs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation, wonderful stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project, love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous love the colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card and the colours you have used are fab
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous colours brilliant card
    Thanks for joining Craft your days away this fortnight!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors :0..Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. bold and beautiful....thanks for playing with Totally Stampalicious and the Stampin B's

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors are beautiful. I love how everything works together and is very harmonious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card! Love the colors!

    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy!

    Hugs, Sande

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool Hazel, I also love trying new things in my card making. I am going to have to try this one! Thanks for sharing with us at WHOOPSI DAISY!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love purples! This turned out pretty! ~Happy Weekend to you, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your card !!! Thanks for playing along with C&T !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Hazel I love all those colours together. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trying new things is always fun!
    Great card!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! Great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gee! Trying new things! You're right! I usually think of it backwards, I get inspired then try something new. But it works both ways!

    Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful colours and effects.

    Stamping is such fun. I used to do loads and even had my own stamp design range once upon a time. You've inspired me to get the stamps out or maybe make a few from recycled stuff...

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty card, love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated