Pages

Saturday 16 April 2011

CHNC challenge 16: sing song

It's Saturday again and time for another challenge on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas blog - your can find all the details of the challenge here - hopefully you'll be able to join in with a Christmas card inspired by a song or a carol.

My card is based on 'Away in a manger' using the Penny Black 'the manger' stamp coloured with copics - I kept the colours fairly subtle to tone with the My Mind's Eye papers from the Christmas Glitter book. These already have a distressed look, but I further distressed edges, first with spiced marmalade DI and then fired brick. The inner shape is a nestie, so I'm linking this for Jingle Belles challenge to use die cuts, - their challenge this time is 'cross-pollinated' with Betty Bee's Buzzing honeybee challenge, so I'm linking there too.


I'm linking this for:

Paper pretties 149: at leas two different designer papers
Alphabet: X for Xmas

11 comments:

  1. Hazel, I love the papers you chose! I don't own that MME collection, but those are wonderful choices. I love the distressed edges sort of "framing" your manger scene. Well-done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nativity Hazel. Glad to see you're playing with us this week.
    Chris - Paper Pretties dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shape for a holiday card ... love the gorgeous background framing your manger ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the nativity scene, so sweet:) Great paper you used on the die cut pieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and cute! The stamp is great, too. And I love your added vintage-y-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card with wonderful colours thank you for joining us at Alphabet
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card thanks for joining us at ACB this week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an utterly *GORGEOUS* card miss hazel! i love that stamp, and you have chosen such fabulous and dramatic colors to really set it off! those layered nestie shapes are totally wonderful, as well! great work all round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card! I love the rich, elegant framing around the Nativity! It is a perfect way to use the die cuts for the Jingle Belles and BettyBee's Buzz challenge. I hope you will come over to the BettyBee's Buzz hive and share your card with us, and check out the rest of the HoneyBee creations. We would love to get to know you, Hazel!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel! Loving the looks of your card! Such warm colors! That PB stamp is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shaped cards! Your coloring is great! Hope you link it over to Betty Bee's Buzz too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated