Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

A bit of a cheat ...

It will be our 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday and we're celebrating by going to the Hilton at Maidstone (we've booked the suite). Time is running out and I hadn't yet made a card for John (isn't it typical that we tend to leave the 'important' ones till the last minute - well, I tend to, anyway).

I remembered a card I made a couple of years ago that I've never used and never sold. I can remember when I made it thinking it would be a good anniversary card to give to John, but our anniversary had just been and gone at the time, so I just put it in the box. I came across it earlier this afternoon and thought I would use the front of the card to mount on to an A5 stardream card with added sentiments. So, there you are - I've cheated and recycled one of my own cards!

You can see the original card here.

The gold embossing on the butterfly doesn't really show up here, but it did on the original version:

I'm entering this into a couple of 'recycling' challenges:


also:



9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you for Wednesday I am celebrating mine today..... Fabulous recycling and what lovely sentiments, thank you for sharing your work with us at the SCSC
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card. The words are so lovely. I hope you have a great time together in Maidstone. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new version - very CAS

    Thanks for joining our "Anniversary" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Any recycling goes and this certainly counts! Wonderful anniversary wishes to you! Thank you for joining the recycle challenge at Stampotique this week!
    Cheers,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful card Hazel.

    Many Congratulations to you & John ♥♥

    Hope you are having a good week.xx

    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 30.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card I love the colours

    Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER challenge this week!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Hazel - hope you enjoyed your anniversary! :0)
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very lovely card! I am sure your husband liked it :D
    Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated