Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Corner-wise

I was prompted to make this card by this week's Less is more challenge 17 to 'pick a square'. The idea is to pick one of these squares for the placement of your image.

So I chose to stamp in the bottom left hand corner.

I've used the colours for Cards & things 80:

The base card is slightly greener looking irl. I used a La Blanche stamp 'fence with roses' and am therefore entering this into the SCAD friends with heart challenge 8 (this is a stamp that they stock) 'anything goes'.

The stamp was bigger than the space I wanted to fill and this time I didn't want to stamp it off the edge, so I put some strips of masking tape across two sides of the stamp before inking it with memento tuxedo black, taking these off before stamping, to reveal the smaller inked image. As I've never done this before, I'm linking for Spotlight 'challenge yourself' to try something new.

Because it wasn't an acrylic stamp, the hardest part of making the card was placing the image in the right place.

This is also for:

Nightshift stamping 68: clean & simple with flowers


17 comments:

  1. Fab card, great use of such a lovely stamp

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Hazel and you've positioned it superbly. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image Hazel
    i think you could have let it fall off the sides of the card, do you know what I mean?
    hpwever, I think this is really lovely, one of the best you;e made!
    Thanks very much
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love your coloring and placement of the beautiful image. This card could be used for any occasion. Thanks so much for playing along with SCACD Friends with Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Hazel and love how you made the image smaller. La Blanche do such brilliant stamps but I do wish they would make clear ones:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty Hazel certainly is a gorgeous stamp and so beautifully coloured.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card - your image is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, beautiful image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card and the colours are perfect. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel~~Wow this is an amazing stamp!! So Beautiful!!!
    Neat technique you tried~~new to me ;)
    Thanks so very much for joining us at SCACD Friends with Heart!! Hope to see you again:)
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a fab technique!! A beautiful stamp too, wonderfully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and such a neat technique! Thank you for playing along with SCACD Friends with Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one is charming Hazel... it was a great idea to reduce the size of the image!
    Thanks so much for a super submission.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel, I LOVE this image! Who makes this stamp? Your coloring is beautiful...and I love how you've masked part of the stamp...gotta remember that trick!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow, this is absolutley clean&simple, i love this!

    Thank you for joining us at Night Shift Stamping this Week!

    Hugs, Lilith

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this stamp and I love it... this looks fabulous!
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated