Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

For Your Inspiration Guest Design slot

I was privileged to be chosen as Lovely Lotus for challenge 7 on For Your Inspiration recently (you can see my card here). I received a prize of Charlotte with a rose rubber stamp - I blogged about it here - and the opportunity to be a Guest Designer, so I've joined the team for today's challenge 11, for which we were given this photo as inspiration:

I decided to produced my own 'quiet reflection' picture. I followed the tutorial given here (thanks to Stampin' Mama, Erika) for stamping my favourite inkadinkado trees stamp and making a reflection by stamping on a cello bag as per the tutorial, working on to white gloss card. The background was made with alcohol inks - the sky with a blend of stonewashed with blending solution, the grass with meadow and the water with a mixture of stonewashed, stream and a bit of blending solution.

This is also for:

Paper sundaes 80: clouds and skies
Inspiration avenue: the forest of trees
Pixie cottage 80: a time to learn - teach us something new
AiFactory: August anything goes
Craft us crazy 14: anything goes in August
Cute card Thursday 176: no designer paper
Nightshift stamping 78: feel free to do!
Stamp insanity 71: your favourite SISC - I chose SISC 9: create your own background
365 cards day 155: signs of peace

28 comments:

  1. Amazing image, amazing reflection and fabulous sky. Perfect for our challenge at Paper Sundaes this week. Thanks so much for sharing with us and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats gorgeous Hazel! Love the tree reflection...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reflection card Hazel and I love the way the Stonewashed sky came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Hazel! I've tried this technique once. You've done a beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!! Love this beautiful card - and congrats on your guest designer spot.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card I love the direction you went with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so pretty Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh that is gorgeous Hazel. Love the reflection effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Hazel! All I can say is Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow! That is gorgeous! Love the reflection. Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Pixie !
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous results. Loved how you followed the tutorial and made this tree stamp your own quiet reflection. I'm here from IA, and really appreciate this addition to the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Hazel! So lovely to have you as our guest designer this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wonderful!! Loved the soft colors and the reflection in the water.
    Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT US CRAZY
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty ~ I love the graceful branches and the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card. I love this tree stamp, and I like how you created the reflection of them. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of techniques to create this beautiful scene.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous & I love your sky background and reflection of the trees in the water! Thanks for joining us over at Paper Sundaes this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. The forest can be a quiet beautiful for peaceful reflection and meditation. Very lovely submission.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely piece and great use of stamps to make the reflection. It kinda reminds me of my painting :) - great minds think alike! Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is a beautiful card. I came over for Inspiration Avenue. The background you have created is so beautiful. I really like how you created the stamped reflection too. Thank you for explaining your process. I am very intrigued and would like to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card & congratulations on winning. Thanks for sharing the process and links.

    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great project! LOVE it! The reflection is a fabby idea! So glad you could join us this week at AIFactory! We hope you will join us again soon!

    Scrappy - AIFactory DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! Your card is stunning.
    Thanks for playing at CCT this week,
    Hugs Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wunderschön!

    LG Cinni (NSS)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card! Gives me such a warm and peaceful feeling. Thank you for playing along with us in our favorites challenge at Stamp Insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at AiFactory this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is stunning, and so beautifully tranquil. Thanks very much for playing along with us at StampInsanity :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated