Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

Simple ... I don't think so

When I saw today's Less is more week 28 - to make a one layer card using ink, I thought I would combine this with one that I've been wanting to make for Sketchy colors 79: pink, white and gold, where this inspiration photo was given:

The colours are very similar too for Stamptacular 123 photo inspiration:


And I used the sketch for CPS 230:

I won't tell you the number of tries I had at this before I got what I wanted to achieve - hence the title of the post!

Despite swiping the card blank with an antistatic bag before stamping the Magenta daisy stamp with versamark ready to heat emboss using hisbiscus rose orange powder, some of this powder remained around the daisy in the background, which didn't look too bad, but looked odd with the rest of the card white. In the end, after a few different attempts, I decided to make sure my card was swiped well with the antistatic and then poured the embossing powder over the whole card and not just the image, so I've ended up with a hint of a pink sparkle on the entire card as well as well defined petals. I then stamped the swirls and heat embossed with detail gold. This is for The crazy challenge 79: embossed. So, as a result of trial and error, I achieved something a bit different with the embossing powder than usual.

Unfortunately, however many attempts I made to get a photo, the flower and bottom swirl don't show shiny embossed as irl, but you get the idea from the top swirl.


15 comments:

  1. Great CAS card Hazel!
    It's great to see you again this week.
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, such subtle shades and nice placement.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel
    It's a popular misconception that CAS is easy! PErfect placement is crucial.
    You've created a good design here, I think it would take a small sentiment or jewel in the centre, but just my opinion
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS card Hazel, the gold is fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gold swirls. I'm not great at embossing usually find some extra specks i don't want but yours looks fab from where I'm sitting. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful card, and I know what you mean about shine not coming out right in pictures :o/

    Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week.

    Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Hazel, I was reassured to hear you had trouble too :), but it has turned out to be a great card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely, Hazel! Love the embossed swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card, very elegant with the embossing
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant and lovely card. Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated