Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Rudolph day for April

Regular visitors to my blog will know that I make Christmas cards throughout the year - I have my own CHNC challenge blog and also try to participate as much as possible in other dedicated Christmas challenges. However, there is one that I've not entered into and that is Rudolph Day run by Sandra on her Stamping for pleasure blog on the 25th of every month. I've seen entries for this on a few other blogs and thought it was about time that I joined in, so here is my first card for it:


The card is based on the sketch for Merry Monday 18 on Always playing with paper - I turned it round. This is also for Stamps & fun = creativity 97: use a sketch from another current challenge.


This is another card for my own CHNC challenge 70 to use a greeting/sentiment without the word 'Christmas'.

Anyone who's seen some of my Christmas cards recently may recognise the card that Ive used for the nestie label shape - it another piece recycled from a Christmas cracker from a couple of years ago (and, yes, I've still got some more left - I asked everyone to be very careful that year as they pulled the crackers so I could recycle!). The piece of Brenda Pinnick paper across the middle is some that's been in my offcuts box for a few years now - another opportunity to play in the snippets playground at Pixie's crafty snippets 18 -  and the ribbon is some that I got from a local market stall. The sentiment says 'Season's greetings' (not easy to see on the photo). The Jolly Santa stamp is by Hero Arts coloured with copics.

I'm also linking this for:

Jingle belles: peace on earth (day) - recycling
House of Gilli 32: oh pretty - ribbon and sparkles
Creative card crew 9: ribbon
Bunny Zoe 23: ribbon or twine
Oldie but a goodie: die cuts and punches - the Hero Arts stamp is much older than six months
Christmas inspirations 45: bingo - I've chosen layers, green, glitter
Christmas stampin all year long 8: anything goes
Christmas cards all year round May: inspired by Christmas song: Santa Claus is coming to town
Deep ocean 24: use punches/dies
Paper pretties 203: clean and simple
Phindy's Friday 103: clean & simple
Aud sentiments: anything goes
Amusing challenges (Stamped blessings): anything goes
Lollipop crafts 78: anything goes
Paper playtime 73: anything goes
Inky impressions: anything goes
Creative Mondays (always crafting) 7: anything goes
Creative craft: anything goes
Emerald faerie garden 23: anything goes
Papertake weekly: anything goes
Simon says: anything goes
Just Tracy May: anything goes
Make it Monday 87
Inspire me Fridays 56
52 card pickup 17

30 comments:

  1. Super card Hazel - I do love the crackers recycling, such lovely card it would have been a shame not to re-use it. I can just imagine you whipping round the table collecting the remains as soon as it was decently possible :)

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, Hazel! Is nice to see you playing with us again at Christmas Inspirations challenges;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper you used-great card-happy Santa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Santa's glittery background ... always glad to see you at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh! Great Christmas card. Love that ribbon especially. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Hazel - lovely Santa! Thanks for sharing with us at An Oldie But A Goodie, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great recycling project Hazel .Love the diecut frame and image .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cute Santa! Thanks for playing with CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant recycling and a lovely Christmas card. Thank you for joining in with my little challenge. Good luck in the draw. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute card and I really like that you used recycled items!! your ribbon is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to celebrate Christmas and the earth (by recycling!). Thank you so much for joining me twice this week for my Amusing Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! What a great way to recycle!


    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m numbers 107 & 109)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a Beautiful card Hazel. I saw this on Make-it-Monday. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice card, love the recycled items. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is FUN and FABULOUS... and of course... you never, ever, need to be ASKED to save and incorporate "recycled" and "upcycled" goodies into your cards for "EARTHDAY", you do that quite naturally (& very cleverly!) all the time! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. It feels good to make Christmas cards all year long, doesn't it? Not as much stress at that time of year. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Christmas card Hazel! Thanks for joining us at Just Tracys. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this month at Bunny Zoe Crafts. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute Christmas card! Love the recycled items! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. BEAUTIFUL Christmas card Hazel! I love the crackers recycling, we don't have those here but I always pick up and recycle the favors left behind at weddings and baby showers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Hazel

    You are doing a fabulous job of getting your stash of Christmas cards ready in good time. This is wonderful!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Hazel, so happy you joined in! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a fabby fabby idea to do a christmas challenge, i'll be joining in now. I usually start at the end of June so not long for me now! Your card is lovely and what I came to say was thank you for taking part in the EFG challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another terrific snippet card - love the topper and it looks good on DP panel. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad to see that someone is starting early on their Christmas Cards
    Thanks for joining in at A&T Digital Designs
    Hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad to see that someone is starting early on their Christmas Cards
    Thanks for joining in at A&T Digital Designs
    Hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely Beautiful

    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated