Pages

Saturday 18 May 2013

Waste not, want not ...


When I was playing with acrylic paints and my gelli plate yesterday, I did what I've seen Barbara Gray do on Create and Craft - having used a brayer to spread the paint on the gelli plate, Barbara uses it to roll over the paper that's put over the gelli to get the print. Before making the card that I showed here yesterday, I tried one or two others that I just wasn't happen with and just put aside.

A little while ago I was just about to put these into the paper bin when I looked at the side that had been rolled with the brayer and thought 'I'm not going to waste that - it will make a background'.

I then used the earliest stamp I ever bought - and I still love this because it's so handy and versatile - a little unknown one with a spray of tiny flowers. I stamped this randomly inked up with memento grape jelly and then inked up one of my favourite Penny Black stamps, 'sparklers'. I thought it looked a bit dull, so I got out my Elzybells sugar candy white inkpad and once again randomly stamped the small stamp, sometimes stamped twice to get a faded version. I then inked up the heads of the sparklers on the PB stamp and stamped vaguely over the first one, then stamping very lightly again inked with the memento grape jelly.

All I then needed to add were a couple of Creata textured rub ons.

As I used the same colours as yesterday's card, this is another one for Moving along with the times: colour:



This is also for:

Facebook A card a day
Craft room: stamp your own background/background paper
Cards und more 82: my first stamp
Penny Black May: anything goes
Loves rubber stamps 52: May flowers

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. :-)

    Love Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! thank you for your second great share with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the colouring job with the gelli plate and all the details on the background! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome collage stamping! Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such an effective background..wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Wishes, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks complicated to make Hazel, but stunning results. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, wow, this is so creative and great made. Love also the special 3D-effecta also with the sentiments!

    Thank you very much for joining us at the Cards und More Challenge.

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is super, what a great card, I love how it looks like its coming out of the page at you. I hope that ankle is much better now x Thanks for playing again with us on our Colour Challenge on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated