Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

4 x 4 cards


In one of those moments when I thought I would use lots of them, I bought some small cards (envies included) thinking that I would use them to make up packs of 5 Christmas cards, but I confess that up until now I've had no enthusiasm for using them, preferring to work with a bigger surface.

However, I saw the sketch for Fat-tastic Tuesday 9: should have gnome and I thought I should use some of those cards. This is the sketch:


When I first saw the sketch I thought that I would never get all of that on to such a small surface, but, with a bit of tweaking that I hope is allowed, I managed to make five cards.

The pictures of the cats are decoupaged - I bough these years ago (another of those moments!) and thought it was about time they were used. I used scraps of silver mirror card to mount them. The bling gems were from Poundland, silver glitter border from Paper Cellar and the red and white snowflakes from Hobbycraft (no, I've never seen any red and white snowflakes either ... but I think anything is allowed when being creative!).

There are two of one cat and three of the other (didn't have five all the same):


A closer look at one of each:


Some of the silver looks a bit gold because of the flash, but the backing of the images are definitely all silver mirror.

These are also for:

Pixie's crafty snippets week 88
Let's craft and create 77: animal antics
Totally papercrafts 182: decoupage
One stitch at a time 179: make one for Christmas
ABC Christmas: Q for quick
Christmas stampin all year long 31: mini cards
Country view 7: layers
Simon says Wednesday challenge: anything goes
PumpkinSpice 35: anyhing goes
Red carpet studio 52: anything else
Challenges 4 everybody 28: anything goes
Glitter n sparkle 48: anything goes
Through the craftroom door: anything goes
Sister act 22: anything goes
Inspire me Fridays 118
52 card pickup 2.35

21 comments:

  1. These are so cute and pretty! I love the bling! I think tiny cards are really hard to make, but you've done yourself proud here!

    love Mags B x


    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to do tiny ones...These are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cute. Thanks for joining in at Fat-Tastic Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cats and any card with a cat image warms my heart - five cards, what a feast to my eyes :-) I'm not sure my boys will play Father Catmas though. Thank you for sharing these adorable cards in our challenge this week Hazel. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super set of cards Hazel! As others have said, small cards are often the hardest to make but these really are perfect.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another cat lover and these cards are perfect for Christmas. Thanks for joining us again at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are adorable. Thanks for joining us at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them Hazel, so sweet..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card. Thanks for joining the challenge at FTT.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...sweet cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! And how great that you used up a bunch of things that have been sitting around for a while. I love it when that happens. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These little christmas kittens are so cute Hazel! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ganz bezaubernd. Gefällt mir gut.Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. LG Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, so glad you join us at CSAYL this week with that cutty lovely card, so sweet, hope to see you next time, biz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable little kitty cuties! Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studios! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an adorable job. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are so sweet, love them!

    debs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card thanks for joining us at Glitter n sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. It gives you a warm feeling when you use up something that's been in your stash for a while, Lovely cards and thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are fabulous! I love the Christmas kitties, and having 2 different images gives some variety. I think they are great. Thanks for joining the challenge at OSAAT!
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at Country View Crafts this month.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated