Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2014

WOYWW 279


It's that day of the week when we show our workspaces and have a snoop to see what others are doing - it's WOYWW 279. Why not click the link and join in!

I'm doing a charity sale at friends' house on Saturday, so I've been busy getting ready for it. On the left you can see a box full of Christmas cards and there are still two piles of them that need to have inserts and bagged and labelled. Boxes ready for Saturday tend to get scattered around as I have three boxes ready on the dining table.

There are also piles of other cards waiting for attention, including an anniversary card that needs to be written and posted.


There isn't so much to the right of where I sit - mainly because I need to use the Scan n Cut in a while and it won't be so much to move - a couple of small piles of cards to be bagged up and in the far corner sticky notes ready to have their covers put on - easy to cut the covers on the Scan n Cut using offcuts of card that are scanned in first to be able to position where I want to cut - and much more accurate than using the guillotine. The Scan n Cut will, of course be moved forward and away from the curtain when I use it ... which must be soon!

Incidentally, my mouse mat is a pad of paper - I bought it from Wilkinson's a while ago - it was done up in cellophane and labelled as a 'mouse mat' so I didn't realise it was a pad of paper till I undid it. But, oh, how useful it is - I can jot things down on it, try out stamps on it ... and when it's too grubby, just tear a sheet off and I have a fresh clean start again. And, surprisingly, it does act well as a mouse mat - the mouse glides on it perfectly. And, as a bonus, I keep promising myself that I'll use one of the papers for a male card (I bought some other matching stuff at the same time, but still haven't used it) - too many ideas, too little time!


I must get going with getting these jobs done ... but first, a cup of coffee.

Thank you, everyone who visited and left comments last week - much appreciated.

18 comments:

  1. Oh comme je te comprends, trop d'idée pas assez de temps pour les réaliser, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh… I’m awfully late getting back to you since you commented on my woyww post last week… it’s even another woyww-wednesday! And Geee... what a pile of cards you have! The paper mousepad sounds fun - I could think of a lot of things to use it for indeed (a male-card is a great idea!) Happy crafting, happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #38

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's a win-win situation with the paper/mouse mat!! Funny how these little accidents work out for the best!
    Good luck with the card sale - hope you raise loads of money :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mouse mat idea- how useful.Thats an amazing amount of cards made there, good luck with the sale. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #36 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've said it before but I never get over how prolific you are at card making! You must be a blur when you're working at your desk! Hope you raise lots of funds for the charity sale.

    Hugs
    Brenda 48

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know all about the ideas and time thing. You look so organized. Peg 45

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always so impressed at how productive you are when it comes to card making.That is one serious stack of cards you've made, and it takes me a few days to figure out how to add flowers to a card lol
    Have fun at the charity sale make lots :)
    hugs Nikki 9

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stack of gorgeous cards you have there, wow!

    And what a brilliant idea for a mouse pad. Now if it would only keep a pen handy for ya, eh? :-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #27

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mouse mat sound really nice. Tear a piece off, and keep on going. #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your space! Your cards look wonderful. I have to agree with you on the coffee...just think I can't function until my second cup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how busy you are - what a lot of great stuff for your sale on Saturday - hope you have a great day.
    I am SO with you on having a head full of ideas & no time to do it all ! Thanks for visiting Ali#13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel - I hope the sale goes really well, you deserve it, with all those cards to offer. You sound wonderfully organised - wish I was like that! Have a great week, Chris # 23

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a serious amount of cards! I hope the sale goes well.
    I love that 'mouse mat' from Wilkinson. So handy. I wonder if it was a mistake or is it meant to be a stack of paper. Well, whatever. You are happy with it.
    Thanks for letting me peep over your shoulder.
    Have a good week.
    Lisca#35

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mouse-mat story made me smile :) Best of luck with your sale - the cards look lovely but bet they will look more so all on display on your stand.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the mouse mat. So many cards, well done.
    Hope you have a good crafty week, Angela x 39

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am interested in seeing what you are doing with the scan n cut hhhmmmm. Oh and your mouse mat excellent idea, most surfaces can be used for these devices now. Thanks for visiting and have a lovely weekend thanks for sharing.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a marathon task, all that Christmas card recycling! I hope you had a wonderful day today, doing it all.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #32

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated